Monday, June 1, 2009

Persucution....This Is Nothin'

If I reach just one or two people I will keep posting what I post. (which I have and got an email that someone in Canada accepted Christ because of this blog) AWESOME!!!! To simply get a little persecution for my blog is nothing. As Christians, we can do two things, stand up for Christ and live according to His Word. Christ said, “let your light shine before me." (or in my case let your light shine on the blog world ha!) This means that we should live and act in a way that supports the Gospel. I know many shy away from religion and politics because of "offending someone" but this is my blog and I have the right to voice my views just as you do on your blog. I think that is what the problem is in America today is that we Christians keep silent, we are too afraid. Being a Christian isn't popular. As Christians we need to arm ourselves with knowledge, both of the Gospel and of the world around us. Be prepared to give an answer, but do this with gentleness and respect. All I can do is live and write about what Christ would stand up for and let Him take care of the rest. So, that is what I am doing. This is my blog and I am writing what I believe. I am learning that being a Christian is not easy. I pray that what I write will minister to others. I am learning more and more that us Christians need to stand up and not be afraid to. I am not afraid of these critics. I am simply a SAHM " Proud Creationist Homeschooler" that is raising "more Creationists lovers of Jesus Christ" that I hope will be able to share the gospel with people around the world(like the UK ) :) I am writing this little blog but the fact that the "Largest Student Community in the UK" is taking the time to even read it is cool. To God be the Glory! There are so many people who do not believe in God or understand the truth about Him at all.

11 comments:

Not too shabby said...

Girl...preach it! I love your blog and appreciate your boldness for Christ! If I could figure out how to blog about my love for Christ, my awesome husband, and my awesome 4 homeschooled kids, I would...but I can't figure it out! Maybe one day, but until then I love reading yours daily! Keep the truth coming!

Heather said...

Wow Bridget!! You go girl! Hey you know what my mom always says "Hey at least they're talking!" That's great that they even posted the link to your blog so now others can read it and can learn by your example of what a true Christian mother is all about! Praise the Lord! Keep the chatter going people!
Hugs and Prayers,
Heather~ On the Homefront

kristina16marie said...

Who knew So Cal was the "Deep South"? LOL!

You keep goin' Bridget! When are you going to join "The Call" @ CCCH? You really should do it!!

Jen@Scrapingirl said...

Good for you!!! Keep doin' what you're doin'.

debbie said...

Bridget,
May the Lord continue to give you the strength to do His will. He has said that the world has hated Him first so we cannot expect to be loved by this world and those opposed to His message. He has called us to share the truth of His word with a lost and dying world and leave the rest to His perfect plan. He will one day soon reveal Himself for the One, True and Living God, yes the CREATOR of all things. It is an honor to be His child and He deserves our deepest gratitude and love. I pray that those who have never met Him will give Him the opportunity to come into their lives and experience the greatest love they will ever know. Jesus said those who stand firm in Him to the end will be saved. STAND FIRM.

Cassidy said...

preach it!

Malou said...

Hello Bridget, I am from France i really really love your blog ..
Please keep sharing your faith it is truly a candle in the darkness ..

Sorry for my english but it is not my language ...

Thank you

Unknown said...

YAY! I thank you for writing and standing up for what you believe in! I've always said that even when someone believes in something that is different than what I do (not that WE believe differently)I will listen to what they have to say. I hope that others will also!
I love reading your blog and love seeing pics of your cuties! Keep it going!

House of Krause said...

Every Knee shall bow every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord!

The fact that people take the time to read your blog and talk about with even more people is a testament in itself. Continue to pray for those who come against you. They are searching for truth in their own lives.

Consider it pure joy, my brother, whenever you face trails of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3

Much Love Bridget, Jen

Simply Blessed said...

You are RIGHT. Us Christians do stay too quiet in uncomfortable situations in the fears of offending someone. If people are reading your blog, they have no right to be offended. They are the ones that come here, you aren't forcing them to. And I say if they are looking on your blog they must like what they are reading to begin with! You go girly!

JenCoen said...

Don't EVER stop sharing/blogging about Christ and his Glory! Your blog is inspirational! Keep it up girl!!