Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Slow Fade.....

Casting Crowns is one of my favorite bands because their music is just stock full of content and powerful messages. Casting Crown’s song “Slow Fade” (which I have playing) talks about how mistakes, regrets, wrongs, sins don’t occur all at once or in a single day. It is gradual. It is based on small decisions we make day to day. The little compromises we make. We find ourselves often having done something or at some place we didn’t expect to be, not because we woke up one morning choosing to do something, but rather little by little our daily choices and decisions led us there.

7 comments:

Twisted Cinderella said...

That is so true. I have never heard that song.

Lauren said...

I love this song - it really is so powerful to consider!

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

That song is sooo true!!! It is almost like you slowly innocluate yourself.

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

I meant inoculate...sorry...nursing

Heather said...

Yes, I love that song! Very true and makes you think about life in a different perspective!

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I also love this song! You are just such a sweet inspiration to me... have I told you that lately? :)

Karla said...

It's funny you mention that, as I was just thinking of that song this morning. Excellent song, excellent message. It is in the movie, "Fireproof", which I also highly recommend!