Sunday, July 6, 2008

Everything's Going Swell Here

Literally speaking...belly, ankles, feet you name it I am the Goodyear Blimp. I keep telling myself I will deflate after birth. (I hope) I go Tuesday to the doctor's. We have a lot of factors to figure in before I make a birth plan. I still have placenta previa but we are doing one more ultrasound this week in hopes that when the baby dropped and she pushed the placentia out of the way. If that's the case I will go for a vbac. ONLY if the baby is measuring small. HA! My doctor will not let me go for a vbac if the baby is measuring big. She say's that is just asking for uterin rupture. Considering I have had big babies in the past I am already preparing for another c-section but hoping for a vbac.
I am pretty sure she's a big baby my ribs are so sore. I know sore ribs are common in the last weeks of pregnancy but my right rib feels cracked. I've had bruised ribs when I was pregnant with Faith but this pain is different. When Faith was born she had to wear casts on her legs for a couple weeks because her feet were turned in from being stuck under my ribs. Why me? Why big babies? It's all my husband's fault! (he was 11 lbs at birth) We will be checking my ribs in the ultrasound too.

4 comments:

Aimie said...

I have felt that pain. Aimee kicked me so hard that I had marks on the outside from her hitting and kicking me! My husband was out of town so nobody could blame him thank goodness. It does hurt...a bunch! Feel better soon! :)

Nicholle said...

I feel your pain Bridget.. All my babies were huge ( 9 and 10 lbs) I hope you can get your vbac like you want. At least you have beautiful big babies. I can't wait to see what she will look like. Hope you have a name now so you can check that off your list :) Best of Luck!

Sarah said...

Hang in there!! Just days to go now ... and one good thing about big babies - they can sleep longer! Yay! More baby sleep = more momma sleep (in theory, anyway!).

Lynn said...

I know when I was planning for my VBAC last year, I found this website really helpful:

http://vbacfacts.com/vbac/#FFR

good luck with everything!