Sunday, October 26, 2008

One of the greatest treasures of homeschooling…..

is the ability to observe your children, and REALLY get to know them. Not to manage them, or cart them around, or teach them, or discipline, or train them. As parents, we can get so busy in the “business” of raising kids, that we schedule our way right on out of it.


Every day, I get to know these little guys as real live people, who think and talk and have opinions, and who are being called by God. It is amazing. Most people say to me, “I don’t know how you do it?”. They must think I am super woman. I am here to say I am not. This isn’t easy, but nether would sending them off to school now would it? Are you kidding me? With all the fund raisers and early morning rat race rush, and homework that you would probably teach them how to do anyway, to me it seems simpler to stay home.


This is what I love the most, getting insight into them as people, so that I may partner with the One who made them. I KNOW I wouldn’t understand them as people the way I do now, if they were away in school for 7 hours a day. I would ask their teacher, and she would tell me. All these little inside conversations that they have are my little gifts to keep for ever and not someone else who wouldn’t really treasure them the way I do…and trust me I do treasure every one.

thanks h.s. diva for sharing this!