Monday, October 27, 2008

Meet Mr. & Mrs. Gallon

Mr. Gallon (or Mrs. Gallon if your Faith and refuse to do boy stuff) is a visual aid we used to help us learn and understand Customary Capacity Units. By studying Mr. & Mrs. Gallon the kids will easily remember the number of each unit that makes up one gallon.
My kids now know and will never forget how many quarts are in a gallon or how many pints make a quart etc. They have these little friends to help them remember.




Make your own Mr. or Mrs. Gallon
http://www.teachnet.com/lesson/math/units052499.html

3 comments:

Michael, Trisha, Grace, and Anna said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks for the info! My oldest is learning this, and she would love to make Mrs. Gallon!

Jody Lynn said...

that's so cute!
hope you don't mind, i told my sister about your blog and mentioned she should read it. she has 5 kids and homeschools too...so i thought you guys could share ideas! :)
hope you're doing well...looks like you are!
take care,
jody

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!
I was taught this in elem. school and in my child development class this year, i'm teaching the mrs. & mr. gallon to the 1st grade.
Thanks for some more info!

Maddie.