Monday, October 27, 2008

I Prayed For The Wrong Kid

Finley is such a good baby (during the day.) She sleeps all day and is up all night. After giving her a bath, putting lotion on her, wrapping her up tight and giving her a good feeding I layed her down. Then I prayed over her, God please help her sleep through the night. Mommy needs sleep! About 11:30pm Faith is crying at the side of my bed saying she threw up all over. Great! I was up about every hour after that with Faith throwing up and cleaning up. God did answer my prayer! Finley didn't wake up until 6:30 in the morning. She slept almost 9 hours! From now on I will pray that EVERY child sleeps through the night.

4 comments:

Reed said...

Ohhhh noooo!! I'm sorry! We missed you yesterday! I am working on Finley's stool (it is sooo cute!) I'll wait until the barfing stops to bring it over :) I'm praying for you....and everyone else too!!

Abbie said...

Oh my goodness. I do NOT do puke. In fact, it's making me gag right now thinking about it. I'm so sorry. A little one with the pukes is NOT fun :(
Our new baby is sleeping during the day and up at night too!! I'm going INSANE. Oh heavens, please tell me if you figure out something that works. PLEEEAASSSEE! :)

Laura said...

You poor thing. Barfing is the worst! The only thing that helps keep things a little cleaner is we have a designated "pukey bowl" in the kids' room and they know where to grab it if they can't get to the toilet fast enough. I'll pray Faith doesn't share the sickness. :-(

Laughing Momma said...

Bridget, I honestly have no idea how I stumbled upon your blog, but I have enjoyed getting to "know" your family throught this blog. I too am a homeschooler, and although we are in Mississippi, I was raised in SoCal.
As for praying for the wrong kid, last Tuesday night my middle son slammed his own hand in the trunk so we spent 5 hours in the ER, then the next night while at church,, my oldest son broke his foot while jump roping, which translated into two solid days of dr appts...only to have all three of my kids get some virus while we were at the previously mentioned dr appts....sleep would be so nice right about now.

April