Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back on Schedule

Now that SAT testing is over we are back on our normal schedule. It was a nice break for me to drop the kids off and have them test. They enjoyed the classroom setting too for a change. I didn't have to worry about teaching for a whole week. I do have to say waking up early and getting all the kids ready and fed to make it to school by 8 was not fun! How do you mom's do it??? I get asked that all the time, but for me I think homeschooling is sometimes easier. LOL.
Today I started the morning off with the kids picking seeds out of cotton balls. They were not happy with me after about 5 minutes of doing it. Faith was complaining her hands hurt and Austin was getting frusterated. I then told them to pretend that they have been picking cotton all day outside in the heat. We then read about Eli Whitney and the invention of the cotton gin. They quickly learned how great an invention the cotton gin was.









We also signed Landen up for preschool he will just be going two days a week. He starts in Septmember and can't wait to go. Here he is practicing school. All I have to say is God be with his poor teacher.









DJ Austin working on his multiplication...(Rappin' with Facts) A fun way to practice math.

1 comment:

blah blah blah said...

I agree with you, I don't know how other moms do it, home schooling seems much easier to me.

Thanks for stopping by my site!

-terrible speller