Sunday, April 13, 2008

AND THE BIRTHDAY PARTY EMMY GOES TO........

NOT ME. In fact, there is no birthday party Emmy. That's right. No Emmy, no award, heck, there ain't even a competition.




Okay, so how old is she? Oh, she's one.
So what is it that one year olds do at parties anyway? Every party, every year I plan these big themed parties. One year it was sharks, the next it's airplanes, then it was frogs, the month before the party my mind is on that one thing. Frogs for example everything I saw that had a frog or was green on it I bought. I plan these exciting parties and the kids don't even notice detail. Or I watch the kids play with a balloon or wrapping paper or something like that. Something simple. They could care less about the green frog shaped jello jigglers.

So this time around I told myself this party would be different, it would be...less. Less people, less food, less games...less work. And it started out that way, I planned to make some homemade little sandwiches, and I told myself, NO THEMED PARTY. So I invite less people then normal, throw together some sandwiches and meat in a crockpot and I'll just add some fruit and veggie trays, simple right? I think to myself she's one, she'll be happy just tasting and licking the frosting off the cake, she won't need much. OH, wait forget the cake how about cupcakes. I'll just do some cute simple cupcakes, no cake. I'll skip out on the three hours of decorating a strawberry shortcake liked themed cake at 2 am the night before. (right Brianna?)Sounds perfect.





But then it happens.............. Something inside of me, this innate competitive drive within me, it kicks in. A light bulb goes off and I think CUPCAKES..how cute. Then I get online, and I start to Google I google, cupcake everything. Eh, it won't hurt to have just have some stickers made with her name and cupcakes on them right...click!, oh I could make suckers with this cute cupcake candy mold...click! Oh my gosh cupcake shoes how cute...click! and a cupcake dress, oh wait they make it in Faith's size too and on and on...... I can't resist it. I GO CUPCAKE CRAZY! Do you know how much stuff they have with cupcakes on them??? So here I am again......

Why must I do this to myself? I don't know. It's not like she'll remember any of it. Maybe deep down my hopes are that the older kids will remember it, and they'll remind her of her big grand cupcake party that her mama threw for her. (HA) Or maybe I'm just waiting for the day when they do hand out awards for birthday parties. The sad thing is, even if they did, I'd still lose. . Parents now days rent companies that bring the zoo to them. They hire fairytale princesses and ponies and rent limos. C'mon, who can top that? Just do me a favor and remind me next time when the other kids birthdays roll around, that there really are no birthday Emmys and to stay away for THEMES!

Ok....so now that I got that off my chest. Farrah did have a great day. She enjoyed her cake and seeing all her family and friends. Happy 1st Birthday Farrah! You are so worth it!





2 comments:

Aimie said...

The party was perfect, as usual. You made it so great that poor Belle is going to feel cheated out of a great 1st b-day party like Farrah had. You made it special, but most important, there was so much love there for not only Farrah but for all the kids. That is what she will remember. You might not have won the Emmy But you got "the BEST MOMMY".:0)

Reed said...

It is a sickness. I've contracted it from you. or maybe you from me. Either way...we both need help.