Friday, January 23, 2009

Tag I'm It

I have been tagged by one of my best friends Megan Our mom's were friends in high school and they were pregnant together with us :) Were only a month and a half apart. We lived next door to each other and were in the same Kindergarten class. Ahhh...Memories!Love you Meg! Ok, I'm getting off the subject. Anyway she tagged me to do a photo meme. Here are the rules:
*Open your photos, choose the 6th folder and then the 6th photo in that folder.
*Post the photo with a description about it and tag 6 friends to do the same


This is a picture of Faith 2 years ago. It was her 100th day of school. She was in Kindergarten here...and yes she wore a shirt (see we have always been nerds) and yes, she does have 100 braids in her hair!

Love how Faith is making a 100 with her mouth open,finger up and fist...Isn't she cute!

Here's the 7th picture just to show you I did 100 braids...Yes, I make everything difficult. I couldn't just send her to school, I had to wake up early and do 100 braids and make her a t-shirt with 100 hearts on it.....My middle name is difficult! Or clumsy?? Actually it's Ann but difficult or clumsy seem to fit me better.

Off the subject:


Has anyone read : Lies Women Believe And the Truth that Sets them Free ????
By: Nancy Leigh DeMoss
I just started reading it and I'm afraid to say my kids were neglected all day because I couldn't put it down.
I recommend this book to every woman who seeks the will of God. Nancy tells it to you straight!

I have to say so far this book has made me really think and I can tell it will be life altering for me. There are topics that some people aren't ready to accept & others that are hard to swallow. I not only HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT, I am thinking of doing a study on it. Anyone interested???
I love what the author says:
If you are not ready to be the woman that God designed you for, you are not ready for this book.

Good night everyone and have a good weekend...I'm off to finish my book:)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

So creative! My daughter's 100th day is Monday. She would love the braids, but I'm not sure I'm as dedicated as you. I get up early enough! lol

I have heard other recommendations for that book. I've heard it is wonderful. May have to add it to my neverending list of books to read.
Oh, and I love the new picture on your header!:)

Shannon Hartz said...

I love your new header picture... so cute:)

Megs said...

Very cute! You're a great mom who creates special memories for your kids and I'm sure they love them and will look back and appreciate you for them. Love ya!

Stephanie @ dirtandlace.com said...

I love your header!!

I like the braid idea, I tend to make everything more difficult as well, so I might have to use that for my girls some day.

Anonymous said...

I have read that book by Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and it's excellent. I listen to her daily, on a radio program here, and I am learning so much about how to be a better wife, mom, and Christian...

Christy said...

I just found your blog from April's and am really enjoying it! I'm a homeschooling mom too! :)
I have a feeling your sweet girl is never going to forget her Momma putting in 100 braids!

Christy said...

Oh I forgot to say, I have read the book. Our bible study it was one of the classes that was offered and the one I chose and I really liked it, was convicted through parts of it and had affirmation in other parts, it's a really great study!

Loni's World said...

First of all I LOVE the new site photo! So cute.

That is so creative I never thought about counting that days, she looks so happy too.

Lisa said...

The teen girls in our church are starting a study on Lies Young Women Believe and The Truth That Sets The Free. I am very excited for my 15 and 17 year old daughters!! I think I have to get the book too!!