Monday, December 10, 2007

How do you say field trip in spanish???

While the kids were doing their journals, Landen was quietly playing by himself and Farrah was still sleeping. I made some phone calls to some of the local bakeries around our area. I thought that a field trip to a bakery would be a great way to end our "bread of life" unit. We made bread, did science experiments with yeast etc. I called 7 bakeries and 3 of them couldn't understand me because they spoke only spanish and the rest either no longer allow field trips or I was hung up on after they heard Landen screaming in the backround. I took that as a no! So, we will not be going on a field trip this week. Which is ok, we need more time to finish all our extra Christmas projects.

1 comment:

Suburban Correspondent said...

Do you have a Great Harvest bakery in your area? They do tours.