Thursday, September 27, 2007

My Cheerleader, My Friend

A Friend of mine who is so encouraging wrote this:
Home schooling is parenting beyond the normal accepted call of duty. Home schooling is about mom's utilizing maximum effort to fulfill a call from God they cannot deny or ignore. The burden is in their heart. The time and sacrifice doesn't stop these parents. They are a breed set apart for a journey to walk with their children.

When I am in doubt I call her up and she always has the right words to share with me. When I talk to her on the phone I always make sure I have a pen and paper handy to write down things she has to share.
Equip your children in the ways of God. Teach your children to trust in God with their whole heart and lean not on their own understanding, but in all their ways to acknowledge Him and He will direct their paths.


Something happens to your life when you become a parent. I was only 19 when I became a parent and I can still remember the motivation I had to care for this child. It was stronger than anything I have known. I began to live my life for this child and learn to nurture this small person. I cared more, gave more, gave up my normal selfish ways, and it wasn't an effort for me it was pure joy! In fact I was driven to give the best and be the best for him.
When in doubt with my home schooling, my friend, my personal cheerleader says, "Keep the Vision"....Bridget, bring them up, bring them up! I love her!

No comments: