Friday, August 29, 2008

A Sweet Little Man of God



My heart breaks for a fellow homeschool blogging family.
Marsha a fellow homeschooling mom and a contributor to Heart of the Matter has lost her son. He has gone home to be with Jesus.
He was a three year old little boy who was so excited to begin school in the coming weeks. He had only been a spectator to his two older brother's but couldn't wait to start preschool.
I was forwarded an email that went throughout the homeschool community asking people to pray for Christian because he had been missing for 3 hours. Then the next morning the first thing I saw in my inbox was that his body had been pulled from a pond behind their home. I have been sick with grief today since reading the outcome.

I can't even imagine.... With a little 3 year old boy of my own, it hits too close to home. May God be with this family as they deal with this.
My heart is breaking for the Drews family.

www.homeschoolblogger.com/drewsfamilytx

Although I don't know this family personally I feel as though I do. I often visit Marsha's blog and enjoy reading her posts. She is a contributor to one of my favorite homeschooling resources - a huge asset to the blogosphere and the national homeschool community. We share a lot of the same similarities such as homeschooling and having children the same age. This causes so much grief for a mom I have never met.


“And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.1 Corinthians 12:26


Please pray for Marsha, David and the two brother's Austin and Noah.

Cards or Correspondence can be mailed to:
David and Marsha Drews
c/o Rachel Harris
12830 N. Cypress Lane
Tomball, TX 77377

She will be sure to get them all to Marsha and David.

1 comment:

mrs.deane said...

this story just breaks my heart. i can hardly imagine what it would be like to lose a little one of my own. i will keep this family in my prayers.

love, susan