Monday, August 11, 2008

Newport Dunes

Farrah strutting her stuff on the boardwalk


enjoying the breeze

stop and smell the flowers


I had a little bit of cabin fever the last couple of days. I know, I know, Finley isn't even two weeks old yet. I just am not one to stay in doors for too long. With a small living room and five kids I was about to go crazy. There is only so many times you can play Candyland and build forts out of blankets and sheets.
I have been feeling so much better. Everyday, I seem to walk a little faster and move a little better. Thank God! The kids have been such a help to me and I know they needed to get out too.
Grandma and Grandpa had a spot at Newport Dunes so we all headed down to the beach for a few days of fun! The boys had a blast playing in the water (even though there were jellyfish and stingrays!) I think they thought that made it a bit more daring and fun. Faith figured she would be safer staying ashore collecting sea shells and building sandcastles with the girls. Finley enjoyed the nice ocean breeze and cuddled with mommy in the lounge chair. Life couldn't get any better! Here's a few pictures (ok a lot of pictures)from our much needed mini vacation.




Landen jumping on the trampoline

Justin (child #6)












10 days old and she already loves the beach

3 comments:

Aimie said...

I wanna go next time!

Jo Jo said...

You look radiant! Your family is so cute. I am so glad you got to get out. Hope to see you soon!

Rachael said...

Yay!! You did it!! Congratulations, she's beautiful! It makes me even more anxious to have mine! I'm counting down the days already! 3 mon & 2 weeks!! So you had a rough c-section! Oh man- I'm soo scared!! I seriously have nightmares about it! Call me Bridget!! I'm dying to talk to you- I have some questions about the surgery too- I'm happy to see your feeling better! Take care! Rachael- 981-6962