Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Fun

We are trying to wrap up our school year before we hit the road again...(not that we won't be learning a lot on the road) We are trying to plan out our route (with your help.) We plan on heading up to San Fransisco, up the Oregon Coast into Washington then across some of the northern states. Any tips or places we should stop..please share!
Ok, now off to the WINNER for the Beary Basics dress.........


CONGRATULATIONS TO:

Mommy2Layla! By Random.org

Please email me at Carlsbadryan@aol.com and send me the size and address you would like the dress shipped to. Thank you everyone for your orders and we look forward to doing another sale and giveaway sometime this summer!
As much as I like blogging for a hobby, I've been blessed with being able to make some income doing it as well. Helps pay for our trip:)
If you have a company, website or blog and would like to promote your business here on Don't Blink, please email me for PR, giveaways or ad space:) at Carlsbadryan@aol.com

This past week we worked on some Mother's Day presents for the Grandma's...
We did a unit study on lighthouses and even made a lighthouse out of clay pots. We painted some firewood and used sand and shells to make a perfect work of art. Grandma (my mother-in-lawlove collects lighthouses, so the kids thought it would make a perfect Mother's Day gift for her.

With the help of our neighbor friend Patrick. He put a light at the top of the lighthouse. It was the perfect touch! (We can't wait to go see some of the lighthouses still left along the coast.)

Meet Patrick...

When we first moved into this RV park, Landen kept talking about his new best friend named Patrick.


I finally figured out who Patrick was when I saw a drawing of him holding hands with a bald boy:)


Long story short......
My little social Landen had gone up to Patrick and asked if he was a Christian (just flat out of the blue)

(Patrick told me this story)

Patrick told him, "Yes."

Landen breathed a sigh of relief and said, "Oh good! So I am!" Then rode off on his bike like nothing...



Landen broke the ice between Patrick and I... He was such a nice man! He shared his talents with the kids (made this necklace Faith is wearing out of shells and wire...beautiful!!!) showed the kids that you can paint just about anything. He painted a palm branch and turned it into an elephant and gave it to Landen. He even shared his heart. I believe God has us here for many reasons. Patrick was one of them.

Patrick moved to Canada a couple days ago...

He sent us a note saying, "Even though our meeting was brief.. your family has touched my heart forever... Thank you.".

He touched ours too...

It's amazing all the people we get to meet living "on the road."

Doing Laundry this week Austin got to meet Booker T the famous pro wrestler.
It was a good lesson for Austin to see that men (big tough men) do laundry too:)




On Saturday we headed to my niece Ava's 1st birthday...


yes, this pic was taken on the potty...

yes, I have my camera with me at all times...

yes, she's giggling because she "tooted"

yes, that was tmi...but the pic was too cute not to post:)

Now that Farrah is accident free for a month now! We call her Potty Princess...Finley wants to be a Potty Princess and use the potty too. Can you imagine...No diapers?!?!
I don't know what I will do with myself.....




This is Ava the birthday girl...isn't she cute?!?
with her purple frosting everywhere.....



Can anyone guess who went crazy and beat the pinata like a mad man????

As Finley watched from a far as the big #1 got demolished....










Yep, you guessed it!.........Landen!

Lots of Candy....




Lots of fun!




After the party we took our sugar filled kids to see the other Grandma's!



Even though we are here in California, we are about an hour away from our family. So we don't get to see everyone as much as we would like....


Me The baby whisper wrapping Berlyn up tight and rocking her.....I've got the touch, I'm telling you! ha! Hand me a fussy baby and just watch:)

See...she's happy now!


The kids were still on on major sugar high....


and having fun getting all twisted up with Grandma and I:)




Then on Mother's Day I spent the day with just my husband and kids:)

My mom got me this new necklace... it says: God is love.
Went to lunch with these two posers....
Farrah begs me to take her picture and then tells me how she wants to pose. I don't know what's with the little smirk half smile she makes ha!
Finley is just now starting to do her own poses too.
Gosh, they make me laugh!

then we went for a walk....
the kids sported their "Mom" shirts......


did some shopping....



Saw another mom wearing a shirt today that said....

Super Wife

Super Mom

Super Tired

thought that was funny....



I got 3 new tops, but they don't say anything...

and some paintings that the kids made:)


I'm so blessed!

Happy Mother's Day!

























































9 comments:

Celee said...

Love the shirts! Wish my kids had them. We do have shirts that say "My school rocks". Thought that was cute since we homeschool. Glad you got to have some good times with family.

Brianna said...

That was a cute post. Brenda said she almost got me that that super Mom shirt but she didn't know what size to get me LOL. ha

~1/2 a dozen~ said...

Bridget, your pics aren't coming up for me on this post :( So, I wanted to ask you- out of all the states you've been too thus far, which has been your favorite?

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

Glad you had a happy day!!!!! I love the pictures of the girls poses!

Anonymous said...

What a great post....your such a good writer Bridget.....Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.....lil Ava looks alot like Farrah....

Happy Mothers Day my friend....have a wonderful week!

Marie

Unknown said...

There's an air museum in Tillamook, WA that my husband and I saw on our road trip last summer but were too late to visit. It's in a MASSIVE hangar in the middle of nowhere and I wish we could have stuck around until the next day to visit it but unfortunately, we were on a schedule. If it's amazing as it looks, you should stop. Thanks for sharing this experience with so many - it sounds amazing!

Unknown said...

I think I said the air museum is in WA, it's actually in OR. :-) Sorry about that!

Mommy2Layla said...

Yay! I can't believe I won something! :) Thank you so much!!!

LivinOurDash said...

We drove the whole Oregon coast a few years ago. Very pretty! They have some amazing bridges. The aquarium in Newport was fun and even had a "petting pond". We also took a ride in a dune buggy at the Oregon Sand Dunes. We've heard about the air museum in Tillamook mentioned in an earlier comment, but didn't get a chance to stop. We are going to try to visit it when we actually hit the road. How exciting that you will be able to continue your trip soon!