Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where Did I Leave Off...

Oh yes, our trip to Arkansas...(and thank you for praying, we made it through the night) The security guard said she had her weather radio on and if she got a tornado warning she would give us a good pound on the door so we could run inside....how safe!


So, I figured if it's mine time to go, it's my time to go....and fell right to sleep.

The kids weren't scared at all either in fact they wanted to go storm chasing. You know like the people you see on t.v.? Ha!

I guess it wasn't our time to go, and Gods still has plans for us. So here we are....

Back to our trip to Arkansas...well on our way we stopped to see Elvis in Memphis. We met some people that told us Memphis is called the armpit of America. We wondered why? When we got there we saw that it was a bit run down. It wasn't the safest place, but it was still really neat to see.





Elvis house.....
people write messages all over the wall.

The famous Elvis gates......


We arrived in Arkansas and watched planes dust crops and learned about “aerial application."


I know not the best pictures. But the trucks are filling the planes.



And for those of you who have seen the movie Food Inc.
We did our own little investigation.
Here's some of the Chicken Farms they show on the film...ewww!


This is the Tyson one...
I never did meet the Duggars. I could of, we knew where they lived... but we didn't want to "stalk them." I did beg my husband if we could go by and pretend we wanted to buy a used car from Josh Duggar and maybe just maybe they would invite us over for a big family dinner ha!
Well, I better get going to bed...I'm beat! We had a busy day in Oklahoma City today...
Good night!

8 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm scared to watch Food Inc. I've heard so many things about it that I'm afraid to watch it lol...

How cool to see Elvis' place. I would LOVE to meet the Duggars! You should have pretended to look at a used car to go meet Josh lol!

The Lazy Philosopher said...

Welcome to OK! It's lovely weather these days. Let us know if you need anything while you're in town.

Tonya @ The Traveling Praters said...

Tornado weather is pretty scary! Last year in AL the campground we were at warned us to vacate our campers and hide in the bathhouse. We didn't and later heard a tornado and touched down nearby. This past January also in AL at another campground, sirens and security alerted us to a storm. It really frightened me because it was so bad outside. Thankfully a neighbor had a TV and was tracking the storm which had managed to pass us so we just kept an eye on a really frightening cloud to see if the funnel appeared. Turned out to be the storm cloud that produced the tornado that touched down 10 minutes away from us! I'm not looking forward to tornado season. You're right, it's not fun in an RV.

amanda said...

i have not seen food inc, maybe that's a good thing?!

and i think you totally should've pretended to buy a used car! lol.

Bianca said...

I always love your pictures!

Too cute :)

Heather said...

I love reading your blog! I think it is great what your husband and you are doing for your kids. So here is a beautiful blogger award for you!

If you would rather not do all the steps, simply know that you are fabulous!

As part of the awards, you are asked to do the following...
1. Thank and link the person that gave you the award.
2. Pass this award onto 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic.
3. Contact the winners and let them know they’ve won.
4. State 10 things about yourself.

Thanks again for creating such a wonderful blog!

Anonymous said...

We stopped in Memphis on our way to FL last year and I was also surprised at the overall condition of the city. We went to the Memphis Zoo, the Children's Museum of Memphis and stayed at T.O. Fuller State Park. All these places were nice, but the areas you had to drive through to get there...uh, not so much!

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures :)

I'd love to go traveling and learn all new things, but I don't think thats ever going to happen :(

If you get chance check out my blog please:

http://the-here-n-now.blogspot.com/