Friday, August 21, 2009

My Boys Are Driving Me Up A Wall.........

Literally!

The neighbor friends know were moving, so I promised to have a boys day and take them somewhere fun and then have a girls day too before summer ended.
So I took the boys to Hangar 18.


It was such a good workout and a great way to climb away some stress!!!


Landen with his gear ready to climb!

Landen found his new favorite sport!


I think this child suffers from ADDDDDDDDDD+ and to let him climb away is just the right medicine.

I also like the fact that I can harness him up and he can't run away!


This almost 10 year old stud showing off


Look at that stud!



After all that climbing the boys wanted double double hamburgers!

We had a great day and these two buddies made great memories!

Now it's girl day!!!

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I was just out and about and I was thinking about you. It struck me that you had not blogged in a few days and I was worrying about you. I got back in, sat down to rock the baby, and was just about to send you a message when I noticed your post. Glad you got a chance to de-stress some!!

I have a question for you, also. I am gonna post it here rather than email because I was thinking maybe someone else might have the same question. So here it goes.... I realize you are all still on your summer break, but during the "school year" how do you handle school. I am GREAT need of some advice and guideance. You seem to be on the go a lot and I am wondering if you have a set schedule for each day and do you go by it x-percent of the time or what. I want my kids to be educated, but I feel we are at home too much and when we are out I feel I am "skipping" school. Can you shed some light for me on how to keep the balance. How much time to you all spend reading, worksheets, etc.? Do you spend more time on hands-on exploration? I thought I had it all figured out and then, this week I found myself holding a worksheet out to my daughter and bribing her to do it with watermelon.... yeah, it was then that I realized I was nuts. LOL! Today we played some cards... but not sure there was anything useful out of it and I truly don't think I made it fun for her... poor child. Anyway, if you are needing a blog topic to post about I would love to here your tips and all about your approach!!! ;)

Twisted Cinderella said...

It looks like it was a great time!

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh and I would be interested in the answer to Shannon's question too. I am just starting out in homeschooling and I would love to know how you do things.

Simply Blessed said...

You're such a great Mom.

Heather said...

I love rock climbing too, but unfortunately there is no where around here to go =( And Little Landen's picture is adorable...he looks SO happy!! Have fun on your "Girls Day" soon too!! =)