Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spoiled Rotten!

Filling 5 Easter baskets can get costly. Today, I had my sister pick up the kids for me from music class and preschool so I could sneak off and get some goodies for the baskets. I heard my kids talking in the back of the car yesterday. They were talking about what they wanted for Easter. Faith was saying," I'm going to ask the Easter bunny for a new bike." Then I hear Austin say," I'm asking the Easter bunny (which he knows is me) for an ipod and Guitar praise (Christian version of guitar hero)." I quickly reminded them that the Easter bunny only brings things like bubbles and yo-yo's. Landen replied with" boringggg!"Can you say spoiled rotten kids!
What do you fill your kids baskets with?

6 comments:

Shannon Hartz said...

Ipod...bike...yikes, you're in trouble:) I, I mean the Easter Bunny, always has a new bathing suit/trunks, glasses and flip-flops for the coming warm weather, a new book, bubbles, pool toys, candy, a book and a toy. But mine are young, and that has worked so far:) Good luck!

Janene said...

I like the swimsuit, beach towel, sand toys, and sidewalk chalk theme with a new book to read of course...as they get older, maybe a DVD or magazine subscription???

Shannon said...

When I only had one kiddo I did once do the DVD and normal candy with Easter tiny toys. Now we go with a "less is more" way. We get a few "special candies" that are their favs or candy crosses, etc. I buy them a Christian Easter book, we dye eggs, and do some other crafts and try to make sure they each understand the Easter story (based on age, of course). I usually have their basket waiting on them when we get up or back from church. Each year I try to simplify a little more, so their focus will be on Jesus and not the Easter bunny. We do still have fun with that some, too. This year I am planning to do Resurrection Cookies!

Rochelle Ax said...

hmmm... i haven't gotten that far just yet, but I'm thinking new bathing suits is the way to go & beach toys-- want to go to nordstroms rack w/ me?! ;) I am cutting out bunny feet & taping them on the floor to their baskets-- we'll do a little hunt this year since Isaacs old enough. :) I'm so excited! lol...big nerd!

Shay said...

I fill his basket with the little puff snakcs from gerber, bubbles, sipcups, and a few other little toddler toys. Hes not even 2 yet so he is pretty easy. For my 13 year old brother I got him some candy, and small gift cards so he can use them at different places.

Loni's World said...

Ha-ha uh oh! Don't they know the easter bunny has to cut down on things now anyway. (with prices/taxes and all) :)