Thursday, April 30, 2009

Science Day and Other Stuff...

Monday we attended a day of science. It was put on by high school homeschoolers. The hs students were in charge of different stations. The kids would go to each station and learn about different things being taught by the high school students. Each class lasted about 10-15 minutes. The bell would ring and the kids would go to their next station. It worked out great. The classes lasted long enough to learn but not too long for the kids to get bored. The hs students did a great job and were so good with the kids. Even Landen sat still...but not Farrah!!! I chased her around all day...




getting his gloves on ready to do some dirty work...


look at that face...he is either up to something or can't wait to cut into the frog

p.s. My boys thought it would be fun to save the tounge of the frog...




Austin got to cut into his own frog and was so excited to find a bunch of fly's in the frogs stomach...ewwwww His frog was the only frog to have eggs inside too.



digging through owl barf...
they found rat skulls and other bones in it. gross! We made sure to wash our hands after!






Aut sitting in one of the many classes.




They all learned so much that day! I even picked up some new info in between taking pictures, feeding Finley and chasing Farrah around.

After our busy morning I dropped off the older 3 to spend the night with my Aunt and Uncle. They all spent the night in a hotel and went to Disneyland the next day...can you say spoiled! My sister Brenda went too (just because of how Landen is) I felt more comfortable with her being there. To watch over him and make sure he didn't try to pull anything. Plus being that it was Landen's 1st time to Disneyland (he's been to California Adventure) I was feeling guilty for not being the 1st to take him. I wanted a play by play. So, I made her text me all day with updates and pictures. Also she is the "mean" auntie and won't put up with misbehaving and he listens to her for the most part. My sister Brianna on the other hand is the auntie that gives them cookies for breakfast. Landen was a good boy and they all had a blast!
Here is one of the many pictures she sent me:

If you know me it's hard to let my kids go or stay the night anywhere so this was huge!

This was also huge...me spending less than $20 at Target!
(only because my husband was with me!)


*please pretend you don't see the boys fighting in the back round...just look at my sweet baby girls. I was happy to walk out of there without spending the normal $200 and happy that nobody fell out of the cart this time:)

And My little doll turns 9 months today...




And NO our poor little puppy still does not have a name. I like Clover or Gretl...one of the kids Piper and other likes Halo etc...We can't decide??? She will have a name by this weekend if we have to draw a name out of a hat.
Have a great day!

8 comments:

Brianna said...

I like the name piper. Also, I didn't feed them cookies for breakfast it was a LATE dinner. HAHA

Kim Miller said...

What a great idea for the Science Day. I am a homeschool mom and just recently started following your blog. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your blog and all the things you stand for. Thank you so much for sharing a part of yourself and your family.

Shannon said...

OMG!! My Sahara is 9 months today, also. It had slipped my mind that today was the 30th until I read this post.... oh my baby is 9 months. And yours! That is wild.. so, I know what you were doing on July 30th!! So cool! I bet you were laying in an operating table crying tears of joy, also. Aren't we blessed to have healthy nine month old baby dolls!!!

Shannon said...

Ooops! I got so excited.... anyway, I too have a hard time letting my kids go, but there comes a time when we have to let our kids venture out (some) and have those experiences that we can't easily do withh tiny babies in tow. It is great when you have someone you can trust with their care.

My 5 year old went with a friend to a Geography homeschool event like that. Every station was a different country. Great fun and learning!

Simply Blessed said...

I love the pics of the babies in the cart.... they are precious!!

EveryGoodGift said...

AWWWWW! They are all so precious. I love the science fair idea...may have to get something like that together. Great for the young learners and the old presenters....LOVE IT! Your girls are ADORABLE!!! What boys fighting? I didn't see any boys fighting...Maybe I have learned to tune that stuff out. ;o) Happy NINE BIG months to Finley and Sahara...GOSH! Time does fly.
On the letting go subject....JUST WAIT until you have an 18 year old that YOU HAVE TO let go of....GEEZE! I remember telling him (when he was 8 and going through a growth spurt) that I was going to tie bricks on his head so that he would slow down a little...He began to cry and told me that he was going to tell his granny on me. :o) LOL! What I wouldn't give to keep them little just a little longer.

Loni's World said...

Laden looks so into everything :) I still vote that home schooling is more fun than PS lol I love all the outdoors stuff ha-ha

Nicholle said...

Happy 9 months Finley! She is growing so fast and you can just see the sweetness in her through pictures. I love it! Looks like another fun "homeschooling day" Your amazing!