Friday, August 22, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #1


I signed up for a Homeschool Blogger Class but they have changed it to Homeschool Memoirs. Every Wednesday, is a new theme. This weeks assignment:

This week, we want to hear about YOU. The author behind the words. The Momma behind all the homeschooling kiddos. Just write up something about you, your family, and your home. How long you’ve been homeschooling and why you decided to homeschool. It doesn’t have to be anything lengthy at all, but we’d love to hear it! You might include a family photo too!

Ok,I gotta make this fast... the kids are on the loose:
I am a wife and mother of 5. This is our 2nd year homeschooling. Something I never thought I'd do. God placed it on my heart along time ago and I finally listened to him. (I couldn't be happier) I could not fulfill any of these roles without Him.

I realize now that if I just listen to him and obey him and stop trying to figure it all out for myself I will be happy. He created me and he knows what my heart desires most.
Why do I have to be so stubborn!
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

I look forward to getting to know more of you on our journey through homeschooling.

2 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great to meet you! :D

Good luck on your year!
Sherry

Karin Katherine said...

Great to meet you. It is always interesting how we resist the Lord, only to realize that we what we have previously resisted ultimately gives us true happiness and fulfillment in our lives.

I love learning more about our Lord and myself while homeschooling.